Former members of IN FLAMES, THE HAUNTED and GRAVE joined forces in a brand new Sweden-based metal band called THE RESISTANCE.
The group’s lineup is as follows:
* Marco Aro (FACE DOWN, ex-THE HAUNTED) – Vocals
* Jesper Strömblad (ex-IN FLAMES, DIMENSION ZERO) – Guitar
* Glenn Ljungström (ex-IN FLAMES, DIMENSION ZERO) – Guitar
* Alex Losbäck Holstad (ex-DESPITE, DECAMERON, CARDINAL SIN) – Bass
* Chris Barkensjö (CARNAL FORGE, GODSIC, ex-GRAVE) – Drums
More information on THE RESISTANCE will be made available soon.
Strömblad quit IN FLAMES in February 2010 in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction.
DIMENSION ZERO‘s third album, “He Who Shall Not Bleed”, was released in 2008 via Vic Records. The CD contained “11 tracks of aggressive, fast and melodic Gothenburg metal,” according to a press release.
FACE DOWN entered the Swedish hard rock album chart at position No. 19 with its last effort, “The Will to Power”, which came out in November 2005.