Due for release on December 12th is BLACK SABBATH – The Vinyl Collection: 1970 – 1978, a limited edition box-set celebrating the iconic albums featuring the full original Black Sabbath lineup.
- 9×12” LP: full reproductions of the original album releases, remastered from the band’s personal archives on 180-gram heavyweight vinyl. Titles include: Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Master of Reality (with poster), Volume 4 (with photo insert book), Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, Live At Last.
- 7” single: featuring the band’s debut single ‘Evil Woman’ and non-album B-side ‘Wicked World’.
- 12” x 12” hard-backed book: containing original tour programmes from 1970, 1975, 1976 and 1978.
- Back to Black Sabbath download voucher: for easy download of the full set
- Includes an exclusive limited edition 12×12 print of the box set design. Only 50 prints available.
Pre-orders are currently being accepted at this location.
In the interview footage below, Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi talks with Eric Blair about being a cancer survivor , The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund, progress on the new Black Sabbath album, Rick Rubin, Bill Ward, and his fondest memories of RONNIE JAMES DIO.
When asked about progress on new Black Sabbath material and reports that he has laid down guitar for 15 new songs, he responds, “I know that, but that’s wrong. When Ozzy (Osbourne) said it, I think he meant what we’d done… we’d written the 15 songs and we played them all. But now, at the moment, we’re recording them. We recorded them at first, at my house in England, just as demos, but now we’re doing them for real. So, we’re about six tracks in now, at the moment.”
Watch the interview below:
Black Sabbath recently announced their widely rumored and highly anticipated reunion for their first Australian shows in nearly 40 years.
25 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre – Brisbane, Australia
27 – Allphones Arena – Sydney, Australia
1 – Rod Laver Arena – Melbourne, Australia
4 – Perth Arena – Perth, Australia
Ozzfest Japan 2013 was recently announced for the first time ever and it will take place on May 11th-12th, 2013 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba City (outside Tokyo).
SLIPKNOT has just been confirmed for the first day, Saturday, May 11th and Black Sabbath for Sunday, May 12th.
Check out a new message about the fest from Ozzy below: