M.A.C.E Records has officially released the new Michael Angelo Batio music video ,“8 Pillars of Steel”. The song was written by Batio and longtime friend, Marc McNally. The video features guest solos by music icons, George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob, KXM), Elliott Dean Rubinson (Uli Jon Roth, Michael Schenker), Jeff Loomis (Conquering Dystopia, Nevermore), Craig Goldy (Dio), Dave Reffett (Shredding The Envelope), Andrea Martongelli (Arthemis), Rusty Cooley (Day Of Reckoning) and virtuoso drummer, Joe Babiak. Watch the video below:
“8 Pillars Of Steel” is the first single from Batio’s new album, Intermezzo, which features all new original music. It is filled with Michael’s signature virtuoso guitar playing, mixed meters, great melodies, superb arrangements and world class production. The album features an amazing list of some of the best guitarists on the planet. This is the first album that Michael recorded using his new Dean signature MAB 7 “Warrior,” 7 string guitar. It is available for purchase on his website, itunes, amazon, and other major online retailers.
The complete list of guest guitarists on the album includes: George Lynch, Guthrie Govan (2 solos on the album,) Michael Romeo (Symphony X), Jeff Loomis, Craig Goldy, Dave Reffett, Chris Poland (ex-Megadeth, OHM), Rusty Cooley, Mike Lepond (Symphony X), Elliott Dean Rubinson, Joe Stump (Holy Hell), Andrea Martongelli, Alex Stornello, Bill Peck, Max Carlisle, Florent Atem, Annie Grunwald (Formless), Tobias Hurwitz, Joe Rose and more!
Track listing for Intermezzo:
2. Kaleidoscope Images
3. Oceans of Time
4. I Pray the Lord
5. 8 Pillars of Steel (featuring Elliott Dean Rubinson on Bass with solos, in order by – Dave Reffett, Jeff Loomis, MAB, then Rusty Cooley, George Lynch, Andrea Martongelli and Craig Goldy)
6. The Possession – A Tone Poem
7. 5 Four Ever (featuring Alex Stornello from 2:34 to 3:07 and then Guthrie Govan from 3:22 to 4:08)
8. Juggernaut (featuring solos in order by MAB, Chris Poland, Dave Reffett, Annie Grunwald, Guthrie Govan, Mike Lepond and Michael Romeo
9. Overload Intro (featuring Florent Atem)
10. Overload (featuring solos in order by Tobias Hurwitz, Ken and Darren Burridge, Bill Peck, Peter Ema, Joe Rose, Joe Stump, Florent Atem, Maxxxwell Carlisle and MAB)
Michael Angelo Batio is known for his technical mastery of the fretboard and his extremely fast picking and sweep picked arpeggios. He is also known for his showmanship during performances, particularly his use of the “Over-Under” technique, and for his ability to play a double and quad guitar, using both hands to play. Batio is also noted for his guitar instruction DVDs in the “Speed Kills” series which teach shred guitar techniques and how to “master the art of playing lightning fast.” Batio was voted the “No. 1 Shredder of All Time” by Guitar One Magazine in 2003.