LYNYRD SKYNYRD‘s “One More For The Fans” is available on July 24, on earMusic in collaboration with Loud & Proud Records and Blackbird Presents.
THE 2CD, 2DVD AND BLU-RAY SET FEATURES PERFORMANCES BY LYNYRD SKYNYRD AND A STAR-STUDDED LINE UP OF TALENT
On one special night last November, an extraordinary collection of artists came together at the historic Fox Theatre in Atlanta, GA to perform and celebrate the songs of Lynyrd Skynyrd, one of the most influential bands of our time. This unique concert event centered around performances by Lynyrd Skynyrd, including a special rendition of “Travelin’ Man” with Johnny Van Zant singing along with an archival video of his late brother, Ronnie performing, as well as a rousing rendition of “Sweet Home Alabama” with Skynyrd inviting the entire star-studded line-up up on stage to perform alongside them.
The show will be available July 24, 2105 as a 2CD and 2DVD set as well as Blu-ray titled Lynyrd Skynyrd – One More For The Fans on earMUSIC in collaboration with Loud & Proud Records in partnership with Blackbird Presents.
One More For The Fans features performances by Lynyrd Skynyrd as well as music legends and young talent, culled from multiple genres including Classic Rock, Country and Americana with Gregg Allman, Trace Adkins, Alabama, Blackberry Smoke, Cheap Trick, Charlie Daniels, Peter Frampton, Gov’t Mule, Warren Haynes, John Hiatt, Randy Houser, Jason Isbell, Jamey Johnson, Aaron Lewis, moe., O.A.R., Robert Randolph and Donnie Van Zant all coming together to perform songs from Lynyrd Skynyrd’s extensive catalog of music.
“Hearing all of these incredible musicians sing our songs was unforgettable,” says Rossington. “It was a really special night and I’m so happy our fans will now get to enjoy the show at home.”
Keith Wortman, creator and executive producer of the concert event, broadcast special and music release worked with Ken Levitan and Ross Schilling who also served as executive producers of the show. Don Was led the all-star house band as musical director for the evening.
As part of the campaign to save the Fox Theatre from demolition, Lynyrd Skynyrd recorded their 1976 live album, One More From The Road, at the landmark theatre. The title Lynyrd Skynyrd – One More For The Fans was inspired by that legendary album’s title.
With a catalog of over 60 albums and sales beyond 30 million worldwide, Rock & Roll Hall of Famers Lynyrd Skynyrd remains a cultural icon that appeals to multiple generations. Lynyrd Skynyrd continues to build on the legacy that began over 40 years ago in Jacksonville, Florida. Led by core members Gary Rossington (guitar), Johnny Van Zant (vocals) and Rickey Medlocke (guitar), along with longtime drummer Michael Cartellone, the band also includes Mark “Sparky” Matejka (guitar), Johnny Colt (bass), Peter Keys (keyboards) and The Honkettes-Dale Krantz Rossington and Carol Chase-on background vocals.
“Lynyrd Skynyrd – One More For The Fans” Track Listing:
1. Whiskey Rock A Roller – performed by Randy Houser
2. You Got That Right – performed by Robert Randolph & Jimmy Hall
3. Saturday Night Special – performed by Aaron Lewis
4. Working For MCA – performed by Blackberry Smoke
5. Don’t Ask Me No Questions – performed by O.A.R.
6. Gimme Back My Bullets – performed by Cheap Trick
7. The Ballad of Curtis Loew – performed by moe & John Hiatt
8. Simple Man – performed by Gov’t Mule
9. That Smell – performed by Warren Haynes
10. Four Walls of Raiford – performed by Jamey Johnson
11. I Know A Little – performed by Jason Isbell
12. Call Me The Breeze – performed by Peter Frampton
13. What’s Your Name – performed by Trace Adkins
14. Down South Jukin’ – performed by Charlie Daniels & Donnie Van Zant
15. Gimme Three Steps – performed by Alabama
16. Tuesday’s Gone – performed by Gregg Allman
17. Travelin’ Man – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd With Jonny and Ronnie – Ronnie on big screen
18. Free Bird – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd
19. Sweet Home Alabama – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd and the entire cast