On April 4, 2014, some of the best-loved musicians in the world assembled at the Royal Albert Hall to pay tribute to one of the most-missed musicians of them all: Jon Lord. “Celebrating Jon Lord” will be released as 1CD – The Composer, 2CD – The Rock Legend, 2DVD, Blu-ray, Box Set and Download on September 26th, 2014 on earMUSIC.
All product configurations feature individual cover artworks which are revealed for the first time today!
The Box Set features – besides the Blu-ray, 1CD The Composer and 2CD The Rock Legend – an exclusive T-shirt, a two-sided reproduction of an excerpt of Jon Lord’s original, handwritten music score for “Sarabande” – signed by Paul Mann as well as a 20 page reproduction of the evening’s original show program.
On top and as a real collector’s item, the box set also includes two very special 7-inch vinyls: the first featuring the hypnotic live version of Deep Purple’s classic “You Keep On Moving” with Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Micky Moody and on the B-side “Soldier Of Fortune”, both taken from the 2CD – The Rock Legend.
The second 7-inch vinyl stands in the tradition of Deep Purple as it includes the band’s touching live version of “Above And Beyond” originally from the no 1 album “NOW What?!” and here included in the magic Sunflower Jam 2014 live performance – a song dedicated to and inspired by Jon Lord. The B-side is dedicated to Lord‘s “Fantasia”.
Divided in two parts – the first focused on the classical music compositions, so dear to Jon Lord, and the second featuring a crescendo of emotions going through some of his highlights as a rock musician – the concert gave fans a chance to relive Jon Lord‘s remarkable and extensive musical career, remembering music from Paice, Ashton Lord, Deep Purple, his later classical compositions and everything in between – all in aid for the charity organization The Sunflower Jam.
The 83-piece Orion Orchestra performed, conducted by Paul Mann and accompanied by bands and artists such as Deep Purple, Paul Weller, Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman, Joe Brown, Miller Anderson, Steve Balsamo and many, many more.
earMUSIC is revealing the first images from the show in a trailer video which includes excerpts from “Burn” (with Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickison, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Rick Wakeman), The Artwood’s “Things Get Better” performed by Paul Weller, “This Time Around” performed by Glenn Hughes and of course, snippets of the grand Deep Purple finale including the songs “Uncommon Man”, “Perfect Strangers” and “Hush” featuring Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman, Phil Campbell, Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody.
1CD – The Composer
01. Fantasia from Sarabande
02. Durham Awakes from Durham Concerto
03. All Those Years Ago (with Steve Balsamo and Micky Moody)
04. Pictured Within (with Miller Anderson)
05. Sarabande from Sarabande (with Rick Wakeman)
06. One From The Meadow (with Margo Buchanan)
07. Bourrée from Sarabande
08. Afterwards (with Jeremy Irons and Paul Mann)
2CD – The Rock Legend
01. Things Get Better (feat. Paul Weller)
02. I Take What I Want (feat. Paul Weller and Micky Moody)
03. Silas and Jerome (feat. Phil Campbell from The Temperance Movement, Ian Paice and Bernie Marsden)
04. I’m Gonna Stop Drinking (feat. Phil Campbell from The Temperance Movement, Ian Paice and Bernie Marsden)
05. Soldier of Fortune (feat. Steve Balsamo, Sandi Thom and Micky Moody)
06. You Keep On Moving (feat. Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Micky Moody)
07. Burn (feat. Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Rick Wakeman)
08. This Time Around (feat. Glenn Hughes)
CD2 Deep Purple celebrating Jon Lord
1. Uncommon Man
2. Above And Beyond
4. When A Blind Man Cries
5. Perfect Strangers
6. Black Night
7. Hush (feat. Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman, Phil Campbell, Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody)
DVD and Blu-ray includes the above tracks as well as an over 60 minute documentary “Two Worlds”.