Interview by Tarja Virmakari
Darren DPaul Wise, the Dallas-based guitarist, is currently the music director for the Drew Pearson Live television show on ABC. This is a sports and entertainment primetime NFL pregame show based on the late night talk show format with a live on-set band led by DPaul. All themes and segment music have been written, recorded and produced by DPaul since 2013. His background includes multiple signed bands, session work for record labels, touring guitarist, published hit song writer and music for NASCAR, MLB, NBA, Chevrolet, various TV shows and commercials.
Just recently Metal Shock Finland‘s Tarja Virmakari had a pleasure to interview Darren, talking about his creative and successful career, but also how Covid-19 is changing perspectives on life.
– Hi Darren, and welcome to Metal Shock Finland. How are you doing today?
All good, just working on some music.
– We’re living now difficult times for the Covid 19 pandemic, how has it influenced your work in terms of music?
It’s actually giving me more time to work on music.
– What will be the first thing you’ll do when this situation is over?
Start performing live music again!
– In your opinion, it will change our life in some way, or will we return to our old habits?
It might give people some new perspective on life.
– How do you see the music business today, leaving out this current world situation?
Music is being consumed in many different ways now and that will continue so it should be embraced.
– You have a long and successful career as a guitarist, and you’re also the music director for the Drew Pearson Live television show on ABC. Can you tell us more about it?
I love writing music for any project I’m working on, it’s all a creative process.
– Your background includes many things, what can you reveal about the activities you are involved in?
I’m working on some solo guitar tracks and on a new original music project with some great people. Looking forward to getting that out there!
– Just recently you announced your artist relationship with Gibson Guitars. What can you tell us about this collaboration?
I started off playing Gibson guitars and I’m very happy to be playing them again! Great company, great people!
– What are your musical highlights, so far?
Having a couple of hit songs and working on the Drew Pearson show. It’s also great to work with people who have a real passion for what they do.
– What are your future plans? New shows, live dates, albums, new videos?
About to make a new video for a guitar track and then get into the studio with my new original project.
– If it wasn’t music, what would you be doing?
Musics pretty much all that I do so not a lot of outside interest.
– What are your advices to up-and-coming musicians?
Do the best job you can on everything you’re involved in. Your work ethic and attention to detail will help build your reputation as a professional.
– I thank-you for this nice chat, and now the word is yours, what is your message to Metal Shock Finland readers?
Hope you’re all staying healthy and safe!
For More Information Visit Darren “DPaul” Wise at: https://www.facebook.com/darren.wise.12