Tortured blackened death metal outfit WITHERED will be embarking on a summer tour in several U.S. cities this August! The run will kick off on August 5 in Spartanburg, SC and will conclude on August 14 in Nashville, TN.
During this run, the band will be performing at Medium Well in Hell fest in Raleigh, NC on August 6 and also at the Heavy Hell III festival at Black Circle Brewing in Indianapolis, IN on August 13. Later in the year, the band will also be appearing at Snowblind Festival in their hometown of Atlanta, GA on November 12! The full run of dates can be found below!
In addition, WITHERED will be performing their only headlining hometown show of the year on September 12 at The Earl in Atlanta, GA!
WITHERED will be touring in support of 2020’s full-length, ‘Verloren.’
‘Verloren’ can be streamed, downloaded, and ordered HERE.
WITHERED Live U.S. Dates:
08/05: Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero (w/ BATHE)
08/06: Raleigh, NC @ Lincoln Theater (Medium Well in Hell Festival)
08/07: Asheville, NC @ Static Age Records (w/ UROCYON)
08/11: Lexington, KY @ Green Lantern
08/13: Indianapolis, IN @ Black Circle Brewing (Heavy Hell III Fest)
08/14: Nashville, TN @ DRKMTTR Collective
09/12: Atlanta, GA @ The Earl (w/ IMMORTAL BIRD)
11/12: Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade (Snowblind Festival)
WITHERED recently released signature distortion pedal! Guitarist Mike Thompson teamed up with Michael Klein Audio Design out of Kansas City, MO to build a signature distortion pedal named “Husk,” which is designed for all the tone stackers out there.
Thompson also designed the cosmetics himself, combining a vintage military feel with an ethereal/mystic graphics to capture the “moods” of the pedal.
- Selectable “then” (NOS Japanese 1S1588) and “now” clipping diodes to choose between saturation used on older Withered albums and newer albums.
- The bottom row of knobs are a circuit inspired by the classic MIJ DS-1 with high quality/low tolerance components – precision metal film resistors, WIMA caps, MLCC caps, and Nichicon Fine Gold capacitors supporting a Toshiba TA7136P Opamp.
- The top row is Thompson’s collection of “do my bidding” controls: a clean blend to pepper in some clarity without losing gain, an output boost to keep the dirty tone louder than “pedal off” tone no matter how much you scoop the mids, and a no-fucks-given low pass filter to tame the nastiness however you like.
- 2 different colored “on” LED’s for a “military control panel” look and max visibility on stage.
Photos of the Husk Distortion Pedal can be found HERE.
Artist Paul Romano (MASTODON, HATE ETERNAL, etc.) gave an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the unique album art for ‘Verloren!’ Both Romano and WITHERED vocalist/guitarist Mike Thompson give in-depth interviews about the concept, working together, and more in this detailed article, which is accompanied by an exclusive video clip and photos! Check it out via Heaviest of Art at THIS LOCATION.
1. By Tooth In Tongue (8:22)
2. The Predation (6:55)
3. Dissolve (4:33)
4. Casting In Wait (5:29)
5. Passing Through… (2:37)
6. …The Long Hurt (3:55)
7. Verloren (4:29)8. From Ashen Shores (8:21)