It was simply a matter of time before Sven Dirkschneider, son of the notorious metal-legend Udo Dirkschneider, Alex Staschko and Florian Schmitz picked up their instruments in the Summer of 2008. This summer the band recorded their first professionaly produced EP “Road Trip”. The CD provided for much positive feedback, and further more three support shows for U.D.O. in November of 2011, in Germany and Czech Republic. .DAMAGED are: Phil Werbelow (Vocals), Christian Meinke (Guitar, Backing-Vocals), Alex Staschko (Guitar), Flo Schmitz (Bass) and Sven Dirkschneider (Drums, Backing-Vocals). Some days ago MSFinland‘s Kostya had a chance to interview Sven Dirkschneider, please join to their conversation…
1. Hi, Sven. Welcome to metalshokfinland!
1.Hello and thank you for inviting us to the interview.
2. Let’s begin with a warming up question – What did you eat today on breakfast?
I ate nothing, didn’t have time for breakfast I had to hurry up because I slept too long.
3. You are a drummer and a founder of the band .damaged, tell me about its first steps…
Yes i’m the drummer but i didn’t found the band just by myself, it were Alex Staschko (the guitarist), Flow Schmitz (the bassist) and me who founded our band .damaged in 2008. In fact we didn’t have any name in the beginning until my mum fortunately heard the Beatsteaks’ song “Cut off the top” and remarked the word “damaged” in the chorus.
4. Which musicians have influenced on your band style?
Thats hard to say… we are very open-minded to many kinds of music and I listen to everything I like but when its about making music we need this Heavy Rock’n’Roll thing.
5. This summer you released your first EP “Road trip”. Tell us about its creation process.
After we changed our style of music from Punk Rock into Heavy Rock’n’Roll in 2010 we started writing new songs. We handed the demo to Stefan Kaufmann and told him that we wanna record the songs anywhere. He listened to the CD and apparently liked it, because he gave us the opportunity to do it in his own studio called “Roxx Studios”.
6. On the last week you performed with your father and played the song of Accept “I am a rebell”. Tell more about this concert.
That was very spontaneous. A day before the concert my dad called me and said:” Hey Sven, just get ready for “I’m a Rebel” tomorrow and tell Alex that he is also up with us. The song starts on E! I was lucky that I didn’t do it for the first time. I already had played the song twice with the band. For Alex it was a whole new experience. But for both of us it was really gorgeous.
7. The last year .damaged performanced on Ibiza. To be honest I was surprised when I heard that rock-concerts are organized there. Usually I hear about Transe/House parties from that place.
Originally the isle was under the influence of Rock music. In the 90’s the House and Electro music undertook Ibiza. But now they wanna bring back the Rock’n’Roll vibes to ibiza and there’s a lot of rock concerts going on.
8. I know that probably everybody annoys you with this question but anyway, how it is to be a son of a great musician like U.D.O.?
To be honest, for me it’s normal. When I was around 12 it was very special to be on that big festivals and everything, but now I’m working for U.D.O. in the summer as drum tec for the festivals. But it’s still a pleasure to meet all those big musicians.
9. Which plans has .damaged band for 2012?
We hope that our EP furthermore will get a good feedback and we can play a lot of big concerts, and maybe even a little tour as a support band or something.
10. And the last one – would you like to tell something to the metalshokfinland’s readers?
Hey guys, if you wanna hear some great stuff just check us out on facebook. And soon you can also visit us on our own homepage. Keep Rock’n’Roll alive!!!
Interview by Kostya Aronberg
For more information, please visit: http://www.damaged-music.de