German Rock Opera writer, Steve Brockmann and George Andrade have announced via a document on facebook that they are going to release their forthcoming album, “Airs – A Rock Opera” , on February 29th, 2012. And also the album will be available for pre-ordering soon. You can see the artwork of this album below which designed by Matt Willett.
“Steve and I are extremely proud of what we’ve written and we can’t wait for you all to finally get your hands on the album and enjoy it! The CD is packed with 74 minutes of superb, exciting and emotional music that runs the gamut of rock, blues, pop, cinema and even gospel tinged in a classic rock opera style and comes with a beautifully designed, 24 page lyric book to assist you in following what we think is a pretty cool story!” George said.
Many musicians and artists have appeared on this album, you can see their names as follows:
The Vocal Cast
- Paul Adrian Villarreal (Sun Caged) as Owen
- Gordon Tittsworth (Images of Eden, Dread The Forsaken) as Derrick, Owen & The Narrator
- Tilman Eckelt (Grailknights) as Owen
- Cornelius Kappabani as Owen, Derrick & The Islanders
- Jan Hoving (Stonefly, A. Vandenberg) as Owen
- Floor Kraaijvanger (Superfloor, Floored) as Annabelle & The Narrator
- Antila Thomsen as Hannah
- Steve Brockmann plays guitars, bass and all keyboards
- Jochen Ohl plays drums on all tracks but “Grounded II”
- Phil Robertson plays drums on “Grounded II”
- Dave Meros (Spock’s Beard) plays bass on “Annabelle” and “Flight II”
- Christoph Brockmann plays bass on “The Great Salt Pond”
- Alan Morse (Spock’s Beard) provides guitar effects and solos to “Flight II”
- George Andrade provides spoken words for Owen
- Seann Jackson provides spoken words for Craig
- Leigh Andrade provides spoken words for Rachel
- Nicolette Collard-Andrade provides spoken words for Annabelle
- Tony Kost provides spoken words for Coleman Burke
As previously posted, Steve Brockmann has released “For Those Who Left, For Those Who Came (Christmas Eve)” single on November 18, 2011 that the profits will go to a Northern German charity organisation helping children and teenagers who suffer from cancer.