Austin rockers SCORPION CHILD have added a new face to their line-up: drummer Jon “Charn” Rice, formerly of JOB FOR A COWBOY.
SCORPION CHILD bassist & founding member Shaun Avants shares the following:
“SCORPION CHILD is excited to announce some recent line-up changes within the camp. As with any team or group, decisions must be made that are vital to the overall attitude, creativity, quality, and lifespan of a shared and common goal. Any decision we make is and always will be for the betterment and advancement of this band.
That being said, we have decided to move forward as a four piece – at least for now – as we say goodbye to our friends [rhythm guitarist] Tom Frank and [former drummer] Shawn Alvear. We wish them the very best in any and all of their future endeavors and it should be noted that their contributions were not without their merits.
We are pleased to announce that Jon ‘Charn’ Rice (ex-JOB FOR A COWBOY, 1349) will be taking the position as our new drummer. He exemplifies ambition, hard work, and the general personality that gives this band the potential to function as a tighter unit. His handful of performances with Nonpoint and the Shiprocked cruise earlier this year only solidified our faith in his abilities and filled us with an overwhelming excitement for the coming possibilities.
Thank you to all of our fans for weathering the seas of change. We’ll see you all very soon. Bigger. Better. Faster. Stronger.”
Before heading out to the U.K. for nine shows starting March 16th, SCORPION CHILD will have a showcase at this year’s SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas. Date & time will be announced soon.
The Scorpion Child debut album can all be ordered from the Nuclear Blast USA Webshop. Order the album digitally on iTunes and receive two bonus tracks: http://bit.ly/scorpchild-st-itunes.
Praise for THE CHILD:
• “SCORPION CHILD was [Rockstar Mayhem’s] take-home band. Call it love at first sting.” – AUSTIN CHRONICLE
• “No makeup, fancy effects, or fire; just bell-bottom jeans and cowboy boots and straight-up kick-ass rock and roll.” – REVOLVERMAG.com
• “[T]hey’ve soaked every riff in a vat of moonshine. Glory Awaits!” –THE SCENE MAGAZINE
• “It’s the soul of the blues infusing SCORPION CHILD’s licks, their rhythms, their stage presence.” – DALLAS OBSERVER
• “Rooted heavily in the blues with a rock swagger. Very infectious.” – OUTBURN Magazine, Issue #70
• “A musical anomaly from the rest of the [Rockstar Mayhem] lineup, SCORPION CHILD’s hard rock/blues grooves were a welcome addition.”