Finland, Tampere based Thrash Sleezers TORNADO have teamed up with Metal Shock Finland to stream exclusively their upcoming album “Black President”, available digitally June 1st from WormHoleDeath – Dreamcell 11 (physical copy release date TBC) and out in Japan on July 15th via Wormholedeath.
“We are very glad to stream Black President to our readers”, comments Metal Shock Finland‘s Tarja Virmakari, “press the button and enjoy these 10 badass songs, not only once but several times! It’s worth it!”
Comments TORNADO Frontman Superstar Joey Severance:
We are very proud to announce this exclusive stream of the forthcoming new Tornado album “Black President” with the readers of Metal Shock Finland! After much time and delay, we are back with another solid release of 10 CATCHY Sleazythrashtastic songs! I’ll give a quick breakdown of the lyrical content for those interested” – read below.
1. Black President – Not a pro Obama song, but an anti idiot (Birther) song. Not born in America? Get real!
2. I, Individual – Everyone has their own style and that’s a good thing. If you’ve got it, flaunt it. (Also the last song written for the album) The chorus in this one if off the charts and definitely my favorite song on the album. Tim Damion wrote the music.
3. 911 First Responder (FDNY) – Based on the episode titled “9/11” of the TV Show called “I Survived” Gut wrenching stories from 911 as told by Fire Fighters/First Pesponders and people inside the Towers
4. Flesh Crawling Nightmare – I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery/True Crime shows. The things that human beings do to each other are horrific! Immediately you can tell that I didn’t write the music for this one as the style is very technical in a Megadeth sort of way. The music was written by former Tornado guitarist Michiel “Big Maaaaan” Rutten (who also has two other musically written songs on the album)
5. T – Minus 10 – About me getting really high one day and jumping into my Rocket Ship and flying back to my home planet Titan……or I was real high and thought I was in a Rocket Ship heading towards Titan =D
6. David and Goliath – Bullies! They fucking suck and I am tired of reading about this kid or that kid taking their own life because of this abuse. We as a people must speak up about it and confront it when we see it. No excuses
7. World Pieces – While I believe that we are all looking for World Peace, we are living in a world that is going to pieces. I am sad to my core over not only what we are doing to the planet, but what we are doing to each other…….interesting about this song. It’s the oldest one on the album as it’s a song I had written for Dave Lombardo while he was still in Grip Inc. Through my connects, I learned that they might have been a bit unhappy with Gus at the time and through those same connects I was able to track down his number and talk to him about it. He asked me to send a demo which I didn’t have at the time so I whipped up this song, got a friend to program the drums and I did the rest. I wonder if he will remember this.
8. Under the Crimson Moon – Another older track I had left over from my writing alone days. Lyrically speaking, when are all the Wars and Hate going to end? More than likely never. What kind of world are you leaving your children? Not a good one. I fear for them
9. Stop the Madness (Part I and Part II) – Oh boy! I can see people getting their panties wet over this one, but I really don’t give a shit. Some things need to be said and I’m going to say it. I don’t know about you, but there isn’t a nostalgic bone in my body! I’m sick and tired of all the “Reunions” especially the ones where there is no new music by said reunited band. Fuck off already!! The second part deals with “Downloading” I can see it as a useful tool for checking out something before you buy it. After all, you could do this in the record stores, but when you are building your whole music collection based on downloading other peoples hard work with no regard, then yes, YOU are an asshole and should go fuck yourself
10. Ghetto Wasteland – I had taken a trip back to my hometown Providence, Rhode Island (I live in Finland) and was shocked at how some of the really nice areas had gone to the dogs. A sad story that seems to be happening everywhere. We like to do little tricks here and there that are exactly like bands that we love. This is one of those songs where you can hear some “Megadeth” influence. For example, you might have missed that this album starts off with the drum fill from Iron Maiden’s “Where Eagles Dare” 😉
The album artwork was done by Serbian artist Anthony Avon.
We had commissioned Alyssa, who also did our first album but the original idea we had for the cover, she wouldn’t touch (neither would several other artist) and by the time we toned it down, she already had other projects to do but Anthony came through with exactly what we were aiming for.
Album recorded at Studio 33 in Kuopio Finland. Produced and Engineered by Kimmo Hämäläinen. Mixed and Mastered by AK
Superstar Joey Severance – Vocals
Tommy Shred – Guitar
Tim Damion – Guitar
Henri Steel – Bass
Niko McNasty – Drums
Also check out: