Interview by Tarja Virmakari
Just recently, Italian alternative metallers BREAKING LARSEN THEORY premiered their new video ”Dream in Colour” exclusively on Metal Shock Finland, taken from the band’s debut album “Wasted Words”, released on May 23rd, 2017, on Volcano Records.
Metal Shock Finland‘s Tarja Virmakari had a pleasure to interview the guys, so let’s learn more about the band and video, and what will happen next? BREAKING LARSEN THEORY will take a hiatus to see what the future will bring along? Let’s hope to see the band active again, delivering the need to break the belief that the underground scene is dead! Please join the chat below.
1. Hello BREAKING LARSEN THEORY and welcome to Metal Shock Finland! How are you doing?
Hi, Metal Shock Finland !!! Thanks a lot guys for your support!
2. Please, introduce your band and band members to our readers.
We are Phil (the voice) and Teo (guitarist) of BLT from Milan (Italy)
3. Your band name, BREAKING LARSEN THEORY, brings us to my next question, what’s the story behind it?
The BLT project stems from the need to “break” the belief that the underground scene is dead, it’s like a noises voice that return and return as a feedback and we want bring people to go out and share their love for music, having fun and reviving their interest. It is also born to encourage young artists to create their own vision of music, going beyond covers and obstacles, so turn up the volume and start to play!!!
4. What are your musical influences?
BLT’s music is a mix of Modern Hard Rock and Alternative Metal with electronic influences but we’re also inspired by classic progressive rock and Post Grunge sounds.
5. Just a couple of days ago we had a pleasure to premiere your new official video “Dream In Colour”! What can you tell me about it? As a video and song and its message?
”Dream in Colour” is the last track of our record and is like the end of a trip inside ourselves when we realize that even if life is hard we can find the strength to stand up and move on the road to our objectives.
6. The song “Dream In Colour” is taken from your debut album “Wasted Words”, which came out on Volcano Records in 2017. Would you like to tell me more about the album and its topics?
”Wasted Words” like i’ve said before, is a trip inside ourselves but it’s seen with the eyes of an artist and every track is like a stage of the route. Basically this Album would like to say to all those people that think to waste their feelings and time believing in their dreams, are wrong.
7. How it was received among your fans?
It’s been great to see the emotion in the eyes of those who listen to your music and have fun when you’re on stage. Many people have also written to us to ask for a copy of the album or to organize a show in their city, even from Japan, and we feel very happy and honored.
8. Two years have passed since then. What have you been doing in the meantime?
Meanwhile we started to write new songs. unfortunately, we have to separate again from a person who left the band while the project began to materialize, when we were starting to reap the rewards of hard work and money invested but musicans with we have collaborated ’till today have turn this band in an inconclusive journey. So now we’re gonna take a break to dedicate us to our solo projects and to looking for somebody want to work with us seriously as we always try to do from the beginning, hoping to find somebody that love this band as us.
9. Now the word is yours, what is your message to your fans and Metal Shock Finland readers?
So we want to thank all those people that supports us and we hope that you guys will keep to listen our music and believe in us, ’cause we don’t wanna stop and someday our hardwork will give its fruits and we will enjoyn’ it toghether. We love you all.
Watch the video “Dream In Colour” here: