Well known in their home country of Ecuador and South America for supporting bands like Judas Priest, Kreator, Firewind (Immortals Tour 2018), Edguy, UDO, and more, heavy metal trio BLACK SUN unleashed their new EP “Silent Enemy” during September 2020 via Rockshots Records. The EP follows the band’s three previous albums “The Pupetteer” (2017), “Dance of Elders” (2010), and “Tyrant From a Foreign Land” (2015).
Today, BLACK SUN release a new videoclip for the song “TERROR ZONE” with special footage taken from Black Sun’s award winner shortfilm “SILENT ENEMY”, featuring Henning Basse (Firewind / Metalium). The music video is an extract from their award-winning short film (total of 32 awards listed below from multiple film festivals), which can be found on the BluRay edition of “Silent Enemy“.
Silent Enemy is a musical short film based on the new concept music by Black Sun. Silent Enemy’s (album) music inspired the director and screenwriter Gustavo Arguello to write and direct the film produced by Black Sun. This cinematographic work counts with renowned Ecuadorian actors José Andrés Caballero and Mare Cevallos as its main protagonists. Silent Enemy, the film, has already been awarded 32 awards at different international film festivals. Along with a musical background, the story of John Doe’s journey through turbulent times unfolds, finally coming to understand himself when the film’s message is revealed. Silent Enemy is independently produced and was filmed and produced in Guayaquil, Ecuador. A Black Sun and Bobui Studios production, this film paves the way for experimentation and rediscovery of the musical film concept.
Shortfilm “Silent Enemy” (32 AWARDS WINNER SHORTFILM)
- HOLLYWOOD GOLDEN AWARDS: 1 AWARD IN: BEST ACTION SHORTFILM.
- NEW YORK CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARDS: 3 AWARDS IN: BEST VFX / BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC / BEST FILM POSTER.
- EUROPEAN CINEMATOGRAPHY AWARDS: 3 AWARDS IN: BEST VFX / BES SCORE MUSIC / BEST POSTER.
- MADRID FILM AWARDS: 1 AWARD IN: BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORTFILM.
- CANADIAN FILM AWARDS: 2 AWARDS IN: BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORTFILM / BEST ORIGINAL MUSIC.
- FIVE CONTINENTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL: 8 AWARDS IN : BEST MUSICAL SHORTFILM / BEST VFX / BEST MAKE UP / BEST COSTUME DESIGN / BEST ART DIRECTION / BEST ORIGINAL SONG / BEST PRODUCTION SHORTFILM / AUDIENCE AWARD.
- FIVE CONTINENTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL: 4 SPECIAL MENTIONS : BEST DIRECTOR / BEST LIGHTING / BEST ACTOR / BEST SCREENPLAY.
- VENICE FILM AWARDS : 2 AWARDS : BEST ACTION SHORTFILM / BEST ORIGINAL SONG.
- NEW YORK FILM AWARDS: 1 HONORABLE MENTION IN: EXPERIMENTAL SHORTFILM.
- SCORPIUS FEST: 1 AWARD IN: BEST SHORTFILM.
- SOUTH FILM AND ARTS AWARDS: 3 AWARDS IN: BEST MUSICAL SHORTFILM / BEST VFX / BEST ORIGINAL SCORE MUSIC.
- SOUTH FILM AND ARTS AWARDS: 3 HONORABLE MENTION IN: BEST DIRECTOR/ BEST LEAD ACTOR / BEST PRODUCTION.
During the production of Black Sun‘s new material, the band parted ways with their longtime lead singer. Under the guidance of the EP’s producer Nino Laurenne (Emma Winner – Finnish Grammy, Hevisaurus, Amorphis, The Rasmus), Black Sun found ways to complete the EP with guest singers on all the tracks. Guests include Finnish metal legends and talents like Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica), Lordi, Noora Louhimo (Battle Beast), Pasi Rantanen (Thunderstone), Elias Viljanen (Sonata Arctica ), Netta Laurenne (Smackbound), Jukka Pelkonen (Omnium Gatherum), Asim Searah (Wintersun/Damnation Plan), Topias Kupiainen (Arion), Henning Basse (Firewind), Petri Lindroos (Ensiferum / Norther) and JF Aguirre (JF Aguirre Project). All come together to create a powerful and catchy metal hymn.