Just recently Croatian Metal Jacket Magazine conducted a long and interesting interview with the filmmaker/musician KIMMO KUUSNIEMI, amongst other things, Kimmo was also talking about his new Collective Cross Arts project, how the entertainment world will be Post-Covid-19 & and about his new management job tackling the new pandemic challenges.
Please, join and enjoy the podcast here:
Metal Jacket Magazine Podcast with Kimmo Kuusniemi – Topic list:
- Personal observations regarding Covid-19, and effect on music afterwards
- Predictions about what will music look like when we all re-emerge from isolation
- Things that keep Kimmo alive, and moving during this kind of isolation
- Story about Sarcofagus, and why the band came to its end
- Info about Kimmo’s new and upcoming audio visual project
- Sarcofagus as the first Scandinavian band with a femail vocalist, and Kimmo’s opinion about women in heavy metal music
- Thoughts about releasing a full album length video ‘Moottorilinnut/Motorbirds’ in 1981, and what was it like to do it before MTV, rental or sales videos, and before people had VHS players
- How was it like to be the spoke person for Finnish Heavy Metal, and the tale behind the Finnish Heavy Metal Association
- Musical influences, how did Kimmo discovere music, and memory of his first live show
- How did Kimmo end up in the film making industry, his favorite type of movies, and the type of movies he does not like
- Story behind the TV documentary “Promised Land Of Heavy Metalʼʼ, and what was the main idea behind it
- Short chat about Metal philosophy
- Kimmo explains the birth of Sarcofagus iPhone App in 2010
- A little bit about producing music videos, and which one was his favorite
- If Kimmo has to terminate music or film making, which one will it be, and why?
- Story about Kimmo’s guitars which turned into a talk about Donald Duck, and the connection of Donald Duck with Finland
- Kimmo’s main driving force while writing music, and the overall message he tries to accomplish with his playing
- Thoughts on implementing your countries folklore into Heavy Metal music
- Kimmo’s advice for newcoming metal bands
- Kimmo’s crazy live show experience
- Sharing thoughts about travelling to different places
- Things Kimmo does in his free time, and plans after the pandemic
- Message for MJM readers, and his followers
Read the whole article on Metal Jacket Magazine, here: http://metaljacketmagazine.com/metal-jacket-magazine-podcast-with-kimmo-kuusniemi/
Just previously KIMMO KUUSNIEMI launched a new management agency Split Screen Management (part of Split Screen Productions) together with Tarja Virmakari, Roberto Risso, Eugene O’Connor, Sakari Heiskanen and Alberto Rigorni. Split Screen Management was born out of the abrupt change in the Entertainment world, realising that future of entertainment is to take the existing and putting it together in a new way: adapt or perish.
Kimmo stated: “The Pandemic has changed everything. The challenge is to step back and look hard at how to change the formula to remedy the damage the pandemic has done. It’s very clear that we are not going back to how things where before the world changed forever! With this in mind, we at Split Screen Management and Production have been working hard to find new solutions and ideas for our clients, to help them prosper and allow them to be able to do what they love.”
SPLIT SCREEN MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTIONS ARE HERE FOR OUR ARTIST TO CREATE, INSPIRE, EXCITE AND DELIVER
WHO ARE WE?
KIMMO KUUSNIEMI (UK) – Manager
Extensive expertise in music and film production is Kimmo’s superpower
Kimmo is a self taught in all aspects: as a guitarist, sound engineer, music producer, film director, producer, cameraman, editor… He did it the hard way, learning from his mistakes.
As a musician and filmmaker Kimmo has worked worldwide. He is great at adapting to cultural differences, analysing problems and solving them promptly.
Kimmo is a great motivator, always positive, persistent and enthusiastic!
With his knowledge of ALL ASPECTS of productions and marketing he is the right person to guide and lead any project through avoiding the pit holes in the business.
EUGENE O’CONNOR (UK) – DOP, Lighting Designer and Director
As a freelance Filmmaker, Director and Lighting Designer Eugene has worked with many bands and artists including Black Sabbath, Andre Bocelli, Paul McCartney, Prince, Tom Petty, Mumford and Sons, Prince, Alicia Keyes.
For over 20 years Eugene has been Lighting Designer on MTV’s World Stage series with artists such as Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon, Ellie Goulding, David Guetta, The Cure and Snoop Dogg just to mention a few.
As well as shooting and directing many music promos and documentaries Eugene has many long form videos under his belt as director including Tom Petty’s final dvd which was filmed in Seattle in 2017.
TARJA VIRMAKARI (IT) – Media Director
Tarja has worked in promotion and journalism around Europe. She realised early on that while many musicians/bands have valuable skills and fantastic music to share they lack time or skills to promote themselves.
With her positivity and endless enthusiasm she has fine tuned her band promoting skills to fineart; get the music heard and name known.
She is also brilliant keeping everything shipshape!
ROBERTO RISSO (IT) – A/R Manager
Roberto has developed his skills and knowledge during the years, first of all as drummer and then as A&R, working for important agencies around the world.
He is best known and appreciated for his attitude, passion, enthusiasm and professionality to recruit new talents and to help them to reach their goals.
Always ready and hungry to new challenges in this fascinating world of music business.
SAKARI HEISKANEN (FIN) – Producer, Director and Storyteller
Sakari is a seasoned media producer with background in journalism, TV entertainment and book publishing. Actually, he was born under the table of his art director dad. He is a transmedia veteran: lately he has been working a lot on event streams and podcast production.
He has a BA in media production – with a thesis on virtual reality.
Sakari is now working on several of our future documentary / TV series projects.
ALBERTO RIGONI (IT) – Attorney and Marketing
He is an Italian bass player and composer, internationally known for his career as a solo artist and as a member of the metal band BAD AS, The Italians, Lady & THE BASS, co-producer of the Vivaldi Metal Project and ex member progressive rock band TwinSpirits (no more active). His solo albums, released worldwide between 2008 and 2019): Something Different, Rebirth, Three Wise Monkeys, Overloaded, Bassorama, Duality and EvoRevolution, Prog Injection, floating between progressive rock metal and fusion, also featured by legendary musicians such as Kevin Moore (ex Dream Theater), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree, King Crimson), Göran Edman (ex Yngwie Malmsteen), Michael Manring, Marco Minnemann (The Aristocrats, Paul Gilbert) and many others.
WE ARE PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING
Split Screen Management and Production can help you with everything relating to entertainment business: crowdfunding, streaming, music videos, designs, funds, bookings, legal, mixing and mastering, distribution…
For more information, please contact Tarja Virmakari via email: firstname.lastname@example.org!