SEDE VACANTE is a female fronted symphonic gothic metal band from Finland and Greece, founded in 2015 by the talented composer Michael Tiko.
With a renewed inspiration and a refreshed line-up (including the extraordinary lead vocalist Stephanie Mazor), the band completed a heavier and faster second album. ‘Conium’ showcases a truly brilliant songwriting, with easy and memorable choruses for each song and featuring a rich, powerful and yet pristine sound.
The Sede Vacante passionate display will guide the listeners through the most hidden paths of the human soul, among dark feelings of disenchantment, melancholy and resentment.
“Conium” is set to be released on October 21st via Scarlet Records.
- sophomore record for the emerging stars of the European symphonic gothic metal scene
- produced and mixed by Fotis Benardo at Devasoundz Studios (Athens)
- artwork by Dimitris Tzortzis
- sing-along lyrics and catchy choruses amidst smart electronic elements and heavy guitar riffs
- Sede Vacante are currently working on their third record, a concept-album based on Dante Alighieri’s ‘Inferno’
- for fans of Nightwish, Within Temptation, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Epica
SEDE VACANTE is:
Stephanie Mazor – vocals
Michael Tiko – guitar, vocals, synths
Nick Gkogkomitros – bass
Jannis K – drums