Swedish grandmasters of classic rock, GRAVEYARD, have launched a fan competition for their current single and music video, ‘The Apple And The Tree’.
The song marks the first single to come off the band’s fourth full-length album, “Innocence & Decadence”, which is due on September 25, 2015 worldwide via Nuclear Blast.
See the competition instructions below:
COMPETITION TIME – your side of the Apple hang out with GRAVEYARD.
“Weekend is coming up and this time around it’s competition time!!
The purpose behind this competition is that we want you to give us your quick or long analysis of the story for the ‘The Apple And The Tree’ video. We simply want to put you to the test and see if that weekend fever might activate some right side of your brain activity.
To be a part of this once in a lifetime opportunity you will have to do the following.
1. Share the video for ‘The Apple And The Tree’ (https://youtu.be/HqVGfMcRNhY) to all your friends here on Facebook
2. When sharing the video we want you to tell your friends in writing what you believe is the story & purpose behind the somewhat fucked up plot in the video. Is it simply the fun of someone digging in cow shit for 8 hours? Was it a dream that one of us had? You just go ahead and tell the world and us.
To win this competition we want interpretations of what the video might mean. Not our interpretation – YOURS (which might be the same as ours) So hit us with the best, funniest, most stupid etc explanation of what the video might mean and we’ll reward one of you with a grand price.
3. To be apart of this competition we need to be able to see your analysis (and amounts of likes) in your share – so make sure that your privacy settings are set to PUBLIC while the competition is still running. Also please add the hashtag #graveyardapplevideo
Competition starts today, Friday, September 11 and ends on Sunday, September 20. The winner will be announced by us via our Facebook profile on Thursday, September 24 – shortly before the release of our new album, “Innocence & Decadence”.
There will be one winner in 3 corners of the world and the grand prize is.
– 2 tickets with all access backstage passes to the GRAVEYARD show of your choice in 2015.
– Hang out at soundcheck
– Meet the band, hang out backstage and get to see what’s really going on backstage around a GRAVEYARD show.
– Your signed copy of “Innocence & Decadence” and on top of that we will throw in a couple of t-shirts and a hoodie.
So without further a due let the analyzing of your side of the Apple begin!
Good luck and happy analyzing!
Axel, Joakim, Jonatan & Truls – aka GRAVEYARD”
View the video below:
Commented the band: “Somewhere between innocence & decadence is where you will find GRAVEYARD. Hard at work trying to figure out which apples that will fall from what tree. Can you see us? We’re that little hopeless case of a fly in denial – since forever stuck between the piles of shit that your ever repeating life keeps lining up for you.”
The official album teaser can be viewed here:
The official album trailer can be watched here:
“Innocence & Decadence” was recorded in Stockholm, Sweden at Atlantis Studios with Janne Hansson (ABBA, THE HIVES, OPETH) and Johan Lindström (TONBRUKET).
Tracklisting For “Innocence & Decadence”:
1. Magnetic Shunk
2. The Apple And The Tree
3. Exit 97
4. Never Theirs To Sell
5. Can’t Walk Out
6. Too Much Is Not Enough
7. From A Hole In The Wall
8. Cause & Defect
10. Far Too Close
11. Stay For A Song
12. The Hatch (limited edition digipak bonus track)
Commented the band: “Got a new album coming your way in September called »Innocence & Decadence«. It’s gonna be an album filled to the rim with a little bit of this – and for all of those who might wonder or worry – there will be quite a lot of that on it as well. We’ve had a great time recording the album at the “gemytliga” Atlantis Studios in Stockholm together with Janne Hansson and Johan Lindström. And after kinda being away from our daily routine as a touring band and the thrill of a new album on its way ….. we wanna leave you with. Good to be gone, great to be back and let there be September!“ – Axel, Joakim, Jonathan & Truls aka GRAVEYARD
+ IMPERIAL STATE ELECTRIC
16.10. S Malmö – KB
17.10. S Stockholm – Munchenbryggeriet
23.10. S Gothenburg – Pustervik
26.10. D Hannover – Capitol
27.10. D Bochum – Zeche
28.10. D Cologne – Essigfabrik
29.10. NL Nijmegen – Doornroosje
30.10. D Munich – Technikum
31.10. D Wiesbaden – Schlachthof
01.11. NL Amsterdam – Melkweg
03.11. UK Birmingham – 02 Academy 2
04.11. UK London – Electric Ballroom
05.11. UK Manchester – Academy 3
06.11. NL Antwerp – Trix
07.11. L Luxembourg – Den Atelier
09.11. AT Vienna – Arena
10.11. CH Zürich – Dynamo
11.11. IT Milano – Circolo Magnolia
12.11. CH Geneva – L’Usine, PTR
13.11. D Dresden – Beatpol
14.11. D Weissenhäuser Strand – Metal Hammer Paradise
15.11. D Berlin – C-Club
German dates presented by METAL HAMMER + ECLIPSED