December 2007: Some music journalists discover a 4-track CD in their Christmas mail by a combo hitherto unknown to them, called KISSIN’ DYNAMITE. No booklet. Zero background information. But what they hear needs no further explanation: Gripping hard and riff rock professionally produced and influenced by Mötley Crüe, Whitesnake and AC/DC – reminiscent of NWoBHM sounds by the iron pioneers themselves, and an anthemic pathos HammerFall and Manowar could not pull off any better-, lets expectations towards the entire record by these nobodies rise sky high… Today critics praise Kissin’ Dynamite to be “the best new German band since Edguy“. Band’s third album “Money, Sex and Power” will be released on March 2012, via AFM Records.
MSFinland’s Kostya Aronberg had a chance to interview Kissin’ Dynamite’s vocalist, Hannes.
1. Hi Hannes, welcome to the MSFinland
Hey! Thank you very much!
2. To be honest it’s great honor for me to interview man like you. I remember how I read about Kissin’ Dynamite in Metal Hammer magazine in 2008 and already then I addicted to the song “My religion” [=)]
And again, thx! Yeah My Religion was the first single! Haha…
3. Tell us about Kissin’ Dynamite and about it’s creation for people who possible don’t know you yet…
The core of Kissin Dynamite exists since 2002! We actually were a cover band of school friends. But we also did own songs back then. At that time we produced the first demo tapes… In 2006 the lineup changed and so we decided to give us a new name: Kissin Dynamite. We got the first record deal in 2007 and then in 2008 we released the first album!
Bands like Guns´n Roses, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Accept…
5. Let me ask, the song “Welcome To The Jungle” was written under influence of Guns & Roses or is it just concurrence of title and text? [=)]
No, we didin´t want to copy this song. We just liked the title and wanted to do someting own with it.
6. Let’s talk about your last album “Addicted to Metal”. How you created it and how it was distributed worldwide?
We wrote and produced it in 2009! We had a guest appearance from Udo Dirkschneider on the title track! It was taken into the world by our old record label EMI.
7. And what is your relation to this album? To you opinion, has it excelled “Steel of Swabia”?
We just wanted to check out our limits in heavyness! I would say it is the older brother to Steel of Swabia.
8. Recently you were in Paris. Tell us something about the public and the concert
We were absolutely flashed by the french people!!! It was a blast there. No one knew us before but after the show they treated us like stars^^ We surely come back!
9. And now I wanna talk about your future. When will be your next album’s release and what plans do you have for the future?
The next album release will take place on 23rd of March internationally! And we will do a tour that starts in March as well!
10. Thank you very much! Do you have some words for Metal Shock Finland’s readers?
Thank you! Check out our new record MONEY SEX & POWER in March!
Interview by Kostya Aronberg – Photos by Martin Häusler
For more information, please visit: http://www.kissin-dynamite.de