For the last two years, the thousands of Swedish metal fans who would gather once a year in Tyrolen to celebrate their heroes on stage at the annual Muskelrock festival have fallen silent. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the venue was forced to cancel their event in both 2020 and 2021.
It was in this dark time when the mighty metal legend THOR released his ode to the festival “This Is Musclerock” as the lead-off track on his album Alliance. The track featured a stellar, unmistakable vocal from fellow metal behemoth John Gallagher of the groundbreaking metal act Raven. Together, these twin suns of classic metal united with one voice to call for a revival of the Muskelrock festival as well as the Musclerock genre that THOR himself helped to pioneer. And now the two appear in a brand new video for the track, which is being premiered by the venerated Fistful Of Metal magazine.
THOR shares these thoughts, “Some call me The King of Musclerock. As the proponent of the genre Musclerock, a precursor to Heavy Metal, I am happy that Cleopatra Records in coordination with Fistful of Metal are releasing the new video for the song ‘We Need Musclerock.’ I am excited to be joined by the legendary John Gallagher of Raven on this one. This anthem is a tribute to the famous Muskelrock Festival held each year in the mountains of Tyrolen in Alvesta, Sweden. I was happy to help launch the Muskelrock festival with promoter Jacob Hector in 2009. Now it has become one of the greatest Metal festivals in the Universe. Thousands of Muscular Metal fans will gather from all over the world to herald the name of THOR and be entertained by feats of strength and a large roster of top bands. Thanks to Ted Jedlicki for directing/editing this exciting video and John Leibel for writing a great tune. So I say to all of you….SKAAL!”
Check out THOR’s album Alliance which includes special guest appearances from Soilwork vocalist Björn “Speed” Strid, W.A.S.P.’s Chris Holmes, Danko Jones, Anthrax’s Neil Turbin, Ross “The Boss” Friedman and many more. It features stunning artwork from Timo Wuerz and is available on both digital as well as on CD in a digipak and limited-edition silver vinyl in a gatefold jacket!
Order Alliance on CD & Vinyl: https://cleorecs.com/store/?s=thor+alliance&post_type=product
Stream/download the digital: https://orcd.co/thor_alliance_album
- We Need Musclerock feat. John Gallagher (Raven)
- Niflhel (Realm Of The Dead) feat. Björn Strid (Soilwork)
- The Ultimate Alliance feat. Chris Holmes (W.A.S.P.), Ross “The Boss” Friedman (Manowar), Nina Osegueda (A Sound Of Thunder) & Fang VonWrathenstein (Lords Of The Trident)
- Ode To Odin feat. Dan Cleary (Striker)
- We Will Fight Forever feat. Neil Turbin (Anthrax)
- Because We Are Strong
- Rock Around The World feat. Danko Jones
- Queen Of The Spiders feat. Frank Soda (The Imps)
- Power Hungry
- Bounty Hunter feat. Frank Meyer (The Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs) & Dennis Post (Warrior Soul)
- Battlements feat. Trevor William Church (Haunt)
- Thor vs. The Juggernaut (War Of The Gods) feat. Sean Peck (Death Dealer)
- Generation Now feat. Joey Killingsworth (Joecephus & The George Jonestown Massacre)
- After The Laughter feat. Martin Gummesson (Thundermaker)
- Good Stuff feat. Al Harlow (Prism)
- Congregate feat. Joey Roads & Sheldon Byer (Roadrash)
- We Will Fight Forever (Reprise)